Becoming a member
Any person or organisation who has an interest in sport and active recreation can seek membership. Membership of the WA Sports Federation (WASF) has many associated benefits.
To apply, download the WASF Membership Application Form and email email@example.com or contact WASF directly. Once an application is received, it will be forwarded to the WASF Board for endorsement.
When applying for membership, please ensure that you apply for the appropriate category. Click here to view the associated fees and criteria for each category.
WASF Councillors will be notified in writing of the Board’s decision and have 30 days to challenge the resolution. New Members will be advised, through their nominated Councillor, once their membership status has been confirmed.
Benefits of membership
WASF Members have the opportunity to:
- be part of the peak body for sport and active recreation in WA
- be represented in regular dialogue with the Minister for Sport and Recreation and his advisor
- be represented on key issues affecting sport and active recreation at a local, state and national level
- have access to a range of support services (legal, accounting, insurance, mediation etc)
- be part of a forum for the exchange of information regarding the development of sport and active recreation in WA
- be updated on industry news and events through regular communications
- utilise the networks of WA Sports Federation
- nominate athletes, officials, coaches and volunteers for the ANZ Sports Star Awards – WA’s premier sports Awards*
- influence the direction of WA Sports Federation
- access office space and the conference room at Sports Lotteries House (when available)
WASF membership is open to any organisation or person, in the three categories listed below:
Full Members must be engaged in the conduct, administration, promotion and development of sport/active recreation and be the representative body in Western Australia.
Affiliate Members must be engaged in pursuits complementary to the activities of Full Members including:
(a) any Western Australian organisation which has a key role in the increase of participation in sport/active recreation in Western Australia
(b) any regional Sport Council which represents the sport/active recreation interests
(c) any organisation that provides participation in sport/active recreation but does not qualify for Full Affiliate membership
The annual membership for both Full and Affiliate membership is $99.00 inclusive of GST.
Individual Members are people interested in furthering the objectives of WASF. The annual membership for Individual members is $25.00 inclusive of GST.
For more detailed information about WA Sports Federation membership categories, please see our Constitution.
*Full and Affiliate members only.