WASF Members have the opportunity to:
- be part of the peak body for sport and active recreation in WA
- be represented in regular dialogue with the Minister for Sport and Recreation and his advisor(s)
- provide news and information from your organisation for publication in the Sportsview weekly newsletter
- be represented on key issues affecting sport and active recreation at a local, state and national level
- have access to a range of support services (legal, accounting, insurance, mediation etc)
- be part of a forum for the exchange of information regarding the development of sport and active recreation in WA
- be updated on industry news and events through regular communications
- utilise the networks of WA Sports Federation, and be able to utilise Sportsview to share your news
- nominate athletes, officials, coaches and volunteers for the RAC Sports Star Awards – WA’s premier sports Awards*
- influence the direction of WA Sports Federation
WASF membership is open to any organisation or person, in the three categories listed below:
Full Members must be engaged in the conduct, administration, promotion and development of sport/active recreation and be the representative body in Western Australia.
The annual membership fees for Full members is $175 inc GST per annum.
Affiliate Members must be engaged in pursuits complementary to the activities of Full Members including:
(a) any Western Australian organisation which has a key role in the increase of participation in sport/active recreation in Western Australia
(b) any regional Sport Council which represents the sport/active recreation interests
(c) any organisation that provides participation in sport/active recreation but does not qualify for Full Affiliate membership
The annual membership fees for Affiliate members is $175 inc GST per annum.
Individual Members are people interested in furthering the objectives of WASF. The annual membership for Individual members is $60.00 inc GST per annum.
For more detailed information about WA Sports Federation membership categories, please see our Constitution.
*Full and Affiliate members only.